Sunday, December 28, 2008

Twenty-Five Years Ago



















I looked back into my work life a quarter century ago to December 1983.  I found myself on the front row, second from the left in an archived photo taken at a service awards luncheon.  I was recognized for 10 years. Others were honored for up to thirty years in increments of five.

My age was 36.  My wife was home with our son whose age was 8 and our daughter who was 6. The group in the photo probably represented 15 to 20 percent of the corporate staff for the company where I was employed.  My job was exciting. The future was bright and a look at my profile on this blog shows, in part, how my future turned out - up to the present.

Now my days are in high school classrooms as a substitute teacher.  I retired from my career job three years ago and changed direction. Instead of pursuing retirement time with adults, I turned to teenagers.  I believe my future is equally as bright today as it was twenty-five years ago.  I believe the future for teenagers and other young people will be filled with exciting opportunities.

Twenty-five years from now, it will be 86 years after my year of birth. I am excited about what lies ahead and hope I can help make the future years positive.

Click on the photo to see if you recognize my former colleagues. Click on the documents below to see a list of their names and the logo for the company where I worked.

Where were you in the twelfth month of eighty-three?

Happy New Year!



1 Comments:

At 6/08/2010 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I remember most of those folks....I had been at L'eggs for almost six years at the time and HR "forgot" me for a five year award, don't think that I even ever got a certificate. Would have hurt my feelings if I had any ;) but in any case I took care of it, moved to Playtex/Pennaco/Danskin the next year. Best move of my career.....thanks HR for forgetting me :) Sandy B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home