Sunday, April 08, 2007

Graduation Day



















Our four days at Parris Island concluded on Friday, February 9, 2007 at the graduation ceremony. Families of the new Marines filled the stands as commanders and drill instructors marched disciplined and fit young men and women past the bleachers. Commanders made speeches and recognized outstanding trainees before the Marines were dismissed to join their families. It was an impressive ceremony and a proud moment for the Marine Corps and us observers.

I thank the Marine Corps for the opportunity they extended to me to visit Parris Island. I have great respect for Marine Corps history, current and former Marines and the young people who enter Marine recruit training today.

I "tip my hat" to all Marines and their families in respect and admiration for their service and sacrifices.

Have a good week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home