Sunday, December 12, 2010

Subway

Subway offered all military veterans a free six-inch sandwich on Veterans Day 2010.  I accepted the offer and visited the restaurant on Yadkinville Road where the clerk made the sandwich with the ingredients I chose.  I thanked her, said I would return to purchase a meal someday, and went home to eat the delicious roast beef inside honey-wheat bread.

I noticed the signage in the store involving nutrition and their new offering of a Better Breakfast.  I eat breakfast at home 95% of the time, but have eaten Egg McMuffin at McDonald's when traveling and recall the flavor of the breakfast sandwich.  It's tasty.

I returned to my neighborhood Subway one weekday morning.  (There are 33,800 Subway Restaurants in 94 countries).  The clerk prepared the Light Wheat English Muffin Melt with Egg (white and yellow parts).  She added cheese, tomato, and ham at my request.  This special breakfast included a 16 ounce cup of coffee for $2.50 plus tax.

I sat in a booth, ate the meal, and drank the coffee as two other customers entered the store and ordered takeout.  I noted the nutrition information on the napkin in the picture below.  The sandwich was not as tasty as McDonald's, but fulfilled its purpose.  I believe healthy food is served at Subway Restaurants and I will frequent them more in the future than in the past.

Have a good week!     

    

The sandwich bag used by Subway

Subway napkin, click to enlarge and read the nutritional comparison to  McDonald's.

My receipt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home