Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Changed a Habit

Why are these products needed in this modern age?


I recently changed a habit I had for fifty years.  There was no compelling reason to make the change from a habit I started around age thirteen.  It was something my father did and I followed because it was a good thing in that period.  A few weeks ago I stopped wearing a wristwatch.

I reached my decision by observing the time on my iPhone, which is seldom separated from me except in bed.

I'm always aware of time. I am mindful of the ticking away of minutes and hours.  If anything organizes my life, it is time and the date.  I realize time is a finite number for us all and I desire it to be filled with good health, peace, contentment, love and happiness just as most people desire the same.  I can't think of anything I keep track of closer than time.

I press one button on my iPhone and instantly the time, day, and date appear.  The measurement system is displayed in the official time of AT&T.

You may have heard this saying: "If a person has a clock, he knows the time.  If he has more than one, he's never really sure of the correct time."

Have a good week!

4 Comments:

At 10/10/2010 9:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice. The only reason I still waer one is because I have a Bluetooth watch where I can read my email, texts and has caller ID. It is great for work. I see less and less people wearing watches since cell phones can accomish the same thing.

 
At 10/10/2010 10:45 PM, Anonymous Linda Martin said...

Mike, I agree about not wearing a watch. I wear one more as jewelry than as a timepiece. I rarely look at it. Last year at school I noticed that VERY few teenagers wear watches. My 37 year-old son does not wear one, but mostly because he has never been able to keep up with a watch. He loses them constantly.

 
At 10/11/2010 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drop your iPhone on concrete at one of it's corners and you will understand the reason that "takes a licking and keeps on ticking" is important. Interestingly, I have never owned a cell phone and function quite nicely without one...

 
At 10/17/2010 6:07 AM, Anonymous David Lane said...

I've thought about this very issue from time to time, and decided to continue to wear a watch for two reasons. First, it is part of my wardrobe that I like. What exactly is a watch other than a wrist bracelet with an additional purpose? Second, prior to WWI, men had pocket watches. Why did they switch to wrist watches? I'm sure fashion was one reason, but another is so that they could figure the time a few seconds faster. Using a mobile device as the only means of time is sort of like reverting to a pocket watch, although I'll grant you - a super deluxe pocket watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home