Sunday, September 21, 2008

Walking Exercise

























Since 2003, I have walked 4,545 miles on the trails in a nearby public park. I record this walking data by entering the date, time elapsed, and walking speed into an Internet based system. Several days per week I walk for one hour and cover a distance of 4 miles which calculates at 4 mph.

During the past 12 months, I walked 828 miles for a weekly average of 16 miles.

Thousands of people across the United States record their exercise data into the same Internet based system. The chart above shows a comparison of my walking to 4,939 participants across the nation who walk at the same speed of 2.5 - 5.0 mph. Click on the chart if you desire an enlarged view.

I like to accumulate meaningful data in a simplified and easy to read form. Statistical analysis of exercise, volunteer hours, financial portfolio tracking, days worked, and other data on activities help me budget time and set goals.

Do you collect data about yourself?

Have a good week!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home