Saturday, April 01, 2017

Preconceived Notions

Dear Facebook & Instagram Friends Who Are 1/4 to 1/2 My Age:

"I love to have my mind changed.  When I hold preconceived notions that turnout to be wrong, there is enlightenment which makes me feel good inside.  This happened to me again recently when I visited New Orleans for the first time.  I went there with low opinions based on jokes I'd heard, word of mouth reports, news, and tv news of hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.  After spending 88 hours on the ground there, meeting, interacting, and engaging with many native people, I completely changed my mind about the place and its people.  This will happen throughout your life as reality is introduced to your imagination.  So my message to you is to remain humble about people and places until you have witnessed their point of view firsthand.  Often, it will be impossible for you to have insights or understand another's place or POV.  In all instances don't be judgmental."

Mike Mabe (1947 - ____ )
soldier 3, university student 4, corporate leader 32, high school substitute teacher 11, leadership coach 2, married 47+, offspring 2, no meds 70




1 Comments:

At 7/17/2017 8:16 AM, Blogger Jenlivingfree said...

I totally agree with this concept! Glad you had such a great trip. More to come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home