Sunday, May 07, 2006

Home Grown________

Most gardeners in my area have already planted their beans, corn, tomatoes, cabbage and so forth. As for me, I've decided to wait three or four weeks later to plant mine. Most years we rush to plant early in order to get home grown vegetables as soon as possible. However, this year, my wife and I are planning an extended vacation trip in the middle of the normal harvest period. My thinking is that by planting later the ripening of the mature tomatoes might start after we return. The above picture is the freshly plowed space I tilled with the Bush Hog tiller attachment to my Case International tractor. This will help keep the weed growth under control until planting time. Two passes with this wide tiller is all it takes to cover this space of 14 feet X 30 feet.

Have a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home