Sunday, September 03, 2006

Doctor, Patient

A 77 year old friend told me about a conversation with his

doctor during an office visit. My friend's only prescribed

drug is Prednisone which he takes for periodic breathing

problems. He told me he needs one pill two or three times

per week. His doctor of many years would not prescribe

an automatic refill. This friend told me during the usual small

talk in the office with his doctor, he looked in the eyes of his

doctor and said, "Doc, I trust you. Why don't you trust me?"

As a result of that comment and question, the doctor started

writing the prescription with 1 refill without a return office visit.

I thought my friend's comment and question were profound.

Return here on Tuesday, September 5 for an update.

Have a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home