Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Love of Money

A 75-year-old friend and I were talking by telephone about

a mutual acquaintance who is wealthy and in his early 60's.

This acquaintance looks like a homeless street person whose

personal hygiene is terrible and some teeth are decayed or

missing from neglect. There is a dirty mattress in his SUV.

I commented to my friend that this person has fallen in

love with money. My friend agreed and added,

"He should buy himself a Monopoly game and he could

have lots of money, apartments,
offices, and real estate".

The implication here was the benefit from the game

would equal the benefit derived from his wealth.

I thought this comparison profound.

Return here on Thursday, September 7 for an update.

Have a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home